As online estate agents gain traction in the UK property market, you’re increasingly likely to hear about the major players in the news and media – or maybe even in conversation. You might have heard of YOPA, and you might even be familiar with their service – but is it any good?
Who are YOPA?
YOPA stands for ‘Your Property Agent’. Launched in 2015, it’s one of the newer entrants to the online property landscape, but has made a big impression in its short life to date. Just a year after its launch it received major investment from upmarket estate agency Savills, and later from DMGT, the group responsible for early property portals Findaproperty.com and PrimeLocation.
One of YOPA’s unique selling points is its network of local property experts. As a ‘hybrid’ agent it offers a number of services usually associated with traditional high street agencies, and this local knowledge is a good example of that: the company aims to recruit 20 new agents a month to ensure buyers and sellers alike have access to professionals who really know their patches inside and out.
What does ‘good’ mean to you?
As with any product or service, ‘good’ is pretty subjective: what’s important to you might not matter to someone else. Some people choosing an online estate agent might do so purely to save money, while others are attracted to the control and convenience. Here’s are YOPA’s main credentials (details are correct at the time of writing):
- A fixed-rate fee of £839 (£1,399 in some London postcodes).
- Average property listing age: 16 weeks.
- Find a buyer in an average of 24 days.
- Regional teams of trained local property experts on hand.
In terms of its service, YOPA offers property sellers:
- The option to defer payment.
- A free valuation home visit.
- All the usual online estate agent benefits, such as professional photography and negotiation support.
- The option to tailor-make your service with add-ons, such as viewings support packages.
What do customers say?
YOPA scores well on independent reviews site Trustpilot. See the comparison table for latest ratings) and links to reviews where you can read what customers have recently said about the company: